We all know that green tea is a full of health benefits, which can help to lower the risk of cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. However, do you know about matcha? Is it matcha and green tea is the same?
Actually, matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. A glass of matcha has the antioxidant content of 10 glasses of regular green tea, and while it has a stronger caffeine punch than green tea. Matcha has become the favorite of pastry chefs and barista because of its delightful shade of green.
Here is the recipe of Matcha Coconut Latte.
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha / 1 tablespoon of Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha (with lightly sweetened)
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of warm coconut milk
- sweetener (optional)
- Sift the matcha so that it is lump-free.
- Spoon the matcha into a large mug. Add the hot water and coconut milk and whisk briskly, in an up and down motion, until frothy - about 30 seconds or so.
- Taste and add additional water, coconut milk or sweetener based on your favor.
- The beverage is ready to serve!