A rice cooker not only used for cooking rice. Now, let us start to make a cake with the rice cooker!
- 300 g of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml of milk
- Place flour, sugar and eggs into a bowl and whisk together while adding milk at a little at a time until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the cake mixture into the bowl of rice cooker and set the rice cooker to cook. If your rice cooker is an automatic rice cooker, you may need to push the button down two to three times until the cake is cooked.
- Cook until a skewer inserted into the cakes comes out clean or the cake has a smooth and dry surface. This should take around 20-25 minutes.
- The cake is done and ready to serve! You may serve it with your favorite toppings such as ice cream, maple syrup and etc.
* Take note:
Don't open the lid of the rice cooker while it is cooking. It is just like opening the oven when you are cooking the cake. It will let all of the heat out.